Oakland Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney
Call Kostopoulos Bankruptcy Law for a FREE Consultation – (877) 969-7482
If you are serious about shedding your debt and regaining control of your finances, then do not wait another moment to speak with our Oakland bankruptcy lawyers. At Kostopoulos Bankruptcy Law, we have helped lead and guide countless consumer debtors through the process of Chapter 13 bankruptcy. We have the skill, experience, and knowledge to do the same for you.
Few things can make a person feel more alone and isolated than having to struggle with the burden of mounting debt. We understand that taking a leap out into the unknown can feel incredibly overwhelming, but know that you are not alone in this process. Millions of Americans just like you have found permanent debt relief by filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection!
We Have Been Named Among America’s Top 50 Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Your choice in legal representation at this time could make a significant difference in the final outcome of your case. You will want to make certain that your attorney possesses the credentials and qualifications needed to properly discharge your debts once and for all.
Just some of our accomplishments include:
- Named in America’s Top 50 Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Named in Top 100 Firms by the Debt Education and Certification Foundation (DECAF)
- Attorney Kostopoulos holds a real estate broker’s license
- Attorney Kostopoulos is a Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification
- Former President of the Hellenic Bar Association
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan
At such a paramount moment in your life, you deserve – and should demand – world-class legal advocacy. Kostopoulos Bankruptcy Law has been recognized, acknowledged, and awarded for demonstrating our professional abilities, ethical practices, and legal accomplishments.
What is Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
A Chapter 13 bankruptcy is also known as the ” debt consolidation form of bankruptcy” because it enables individuals with a regular income to develop a realistic plan to repay all or a portion of their debts, in many cases for pennies on the dollar and with 0% interest. Under Chapter 13, the debtor proposes a repayment plan to make installments to creditors over three to five years.
What are the Benefits of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Advantages to Chapter 13 include:
- Individuals looking to maintain their home can avoid or prevent foreclosure.
- Individuals can get caught up on any overdue mortgage payments while staying current with their obligations included in their repayment plan.
- Individuals can restructure the repayment of their debts to a new schedule, which may help lower payments over time.
- Chapter 13 can help protect third parties who share liability (such as co-signers).
- During the repayment plan, the law forbids creditors from starting or continuing any type of collection efforts, which can be reassuring for debtors who have been harassed by creditors for any length of time.
Factors that Affect Your Chapter 13 Repayment Plans
When you file for Chapter 13, you are required to create a repayment plan that shows how you will be able to repay your debts to creditors.
Some factors that affect your monthly repayment plan include:
- Amount of your debts. You must include all of your priority debts, unsecured debts, secured debts, and any back payments for your home or car if you are keeping the property.
- How much disposabl
- e income you have. For most people, their monthly payments will be their disposable income.
- The length of your payment plan. Plans range from three to five years, and the length of time depends on if your current monthly income is higher than the median for your household size in your state. If higher, your plan may last five years. If lower, your plan may be three years.
After your repayment plan is complete, you may be able to discharge your remaining balance, allowing you to move forward with your life debt-free.
Review Your Claim with a Certified Expert – Call Us Today
Is bankruptcy right for you? We are ready to help you determine which bankruptcy option or debt-relief alternative best suits your current needs and future goals. We have the knowledge, tools and experience to evaluate your situation and help you come up with a plan that can help resolve your debt-related problems for good. With our help, you can be on the road to financial recovery!
We proudly represent clients in Oakland, Alameda, Albany, Fremont, Berkeley, Concord, Hayward, San Francisco, San Leandro, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, and all throughout the San Francisco Bay Area , Contra Costa and Alameda County.