Office Locations In Oakland, Walnut Creek, Concord, San Jose, LA County, San Bernardino, Riverside County & Orange County.
If you are currently struggling with burdensome debt, know that you no longer have to suffer in silence. With the help of our Oakland bankruptcy lawyers, you can access the resources and information you need to endyour debt nightmare. Working with The Bankruptcy Law Firm means you can access a team of legal professionals who can serve as your support system from start to finish.
The Oakland bankruptcy lawyers from our firm have successfully helped thousands of clients pursue financial freedom in the past. Whether you are drowning in debt or feel lost in a sea of creditors, our legal team is ready to assist you.
Discharging debt in bankruptcy is one of the most important steps towards financial freedom. With the right Oakland bankruptcy attorney on your side, you can effectively eliminate the maximum amount of debts while still restoring your credit over time.
There are countless benefits to working with our legal team:
- Experience: We share nearly 100 years of collective legal experience. We use our experience, knowledge, and skill to help you obtain the fresh start that you deserve.
- Top Attorneys in Our Field: Our firm is home to attorneys who have been chosen among America's Top 50 Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
- Proven Track Record: We have helped thousands of clients struggling with debt eliminate their financial hardships and end their debt nightmares.
- Free Consultations: We offer completely confidential consultations that are not only free of charge but are also of no risk or obligation to you.
- Personalized Debt Solutions: We seek cost-conscious, strategic, and practical debt relief solutions that can help lead to long-term financial stability
As Certified Bankruptcy Specialists, we are more than qualified to help you navigate this complex and often overwhelming time. If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, please do not hesitate to contact our firm today for effective legal counsel.
Are you looking to file for bankruptcy? Our bankruptcy lawyer in Oakland is ready to represent you. Call The Bankruptcy Law Firm today at (877) 969-7482 or contact us online to take control of your life and put an end to debt!
Which Debts Can Be Discharged in Bankruptcy?
While filing for bankruptcy can provide a significant amount of financial relief, you must keep in mind that there are some debts you cannot discharge. These may include child support payments, student loans, criminal fines, restitution fees, and most taxes.
You can, however, discharge the following:
By taking steps to discharge your debt, you are showing that you have dealt with your debt issues and are proactively taking steps to move towards a clean financial slate. Our team can help you investigate all of your debts to determine which will be eligible for discharge and which will not.
Hear from Our Satisfied Clients
Read through some of our testimonials straight from the source of our former clients to get a better idea of how we may be of help to you.
- "Please tell everyone for me; they gave me my life back. I can now sleep at night."
- "You can't imagine how much stress you have taken away from me! You have lifted a large burden from my shoulders!"
- "We were never treated like second-class citizens because we had to file bankruptcy. The entire team was extremely helpful."
- "Everyone made us feel special and helped us through the whole time. We especially want to thank [you] for driving us to and from court. We were terrified, and helped to calm us down."
- "It was horrible and embarrassing to have to file for bankruptcy, but Kostopoulos & Associates made me feel confident about my decision. They were willing to work with my schedule and situation; they helped make the best of a bad situation."
Contact Our Bankruptcy Lawyer Today
While most common types of debts are dischargeable, it is essential to work with an attorney to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of relief. By planning, you can begin taking care of non-dischargeable debts earlier rather than falling back into a cycle of debt.
Contact The Bankruptcy Law Firm today to schedule a FREE consultation! We proudly represent clients in Oakland, Alameda, Albany, Fremont, Berkeley, Concord, Hayward, San Francisco, San Leandro, San Francisco, Stockton, and all throughout the San Francisco Bay Area , Contra Costa and Alameda County.
“What a great group of people the Kostopoulos team is, they were the most prepared lawyers at our trustee meeting.”- Former Client
“Every single member of your staff that we had contact with should be applauded for their knowledge, caring, and for making us feel welcome and putting us at ease.”- John and Susan K.
“Streamlined, no surprises.”- Former Client
“We want to thank the whole office for all the help and for allowing us to make payments.”- Former Client
“Everyone was always very friendly and courteous.”- Christina V.
Fluent in Various Languages, including English, Spanish, Greek, Arabic & Mandarin
We Offer Flexible Payment Plans, Starting With Only $100 Down.
Have helped 10+ thousands of clients across the nation
One of the Top 100 Firms by the Debt Education and Certification Foundation
Certified Consumer Bankruptcy Specialist by The American Board of Certification
All Consultations Are Free & Confidential
Who can file for bankruptcy?Under the United States Bankruptcy Code, almost anyone can file for bankruptcy. There are a few exceptions, and your specific case may limit you to a specific chapter you can file under. That is why it is important to speak with an attorney.
Does my spouse have to file with me?No. If you and your spouse wish to file for bankruptcy separately, you may; however, there are some situations in which joint filing may yield better results than single-filing status. You and your attorney can discuss your options.
Will I lose my home or car?
Can bankruptcy stop creditor harassment?Yes! If you are constantly being pestered by creditors and collectors looking to obtain money from you, filing for bankruptcy can stop them. When you file, an automatic stay will be placed on your accounts, which means that all collection attempts will be forced to cease.
What will happen to my credit?Depending on the chapter that you file under, your credit score will reflect the bankruptcy for a few years. After you file though, you can begin to rebuild your credit almost immediately. An attorney from our team can help you understand your specific credit situation.